At Sydney's Academy we belive strongly in providing a fully inclusive environment for all of our students. You can learn more about being apart of an inclusive school at the Inclusive School Network.
We follow a theme-oriented curriculum, with an emphasis on developmentally appropriate activities. Our goal is to offer all children individualized experiences that will help them develop socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically… at their own rate!
We believe that children learn best from each other. Therefore, we provide a relaxed, creative atmosphere in which children can foster new relationships with one another and explore a new environment and experiences. We also believe that children are individuals with diverse learning styles and emotional needs. At Sydney’s Academy, care and teaching are focused on the individual child.
We pull lesson plans from various curriculums to create a dynamic and individualized program for your child. Some of the curriculum we use are:
- Starfall Reading and Math
- Touch Math
- Sensible Pencil
- Houghton Mifflin
- Weekly Reader
- The Emergent Curriculum
- Reading Mastery
- Assessment of Basic Language and Leaning Skills and VB-MAPP (Curriculum Guides)
- Super Friend Social Skills Program
- Tucker the Turtle Coping Skills Program
- Social Skills Solutions: A Hands-On Manual for Teaching Social Skills to Children with Autism
- Sydney's Angel Projects: We support our military men and woman who are away from their families - deployed in Afghanistan, defending our great Nation. Each month our students create wonderful works of art and treats and send them to our troops!